Saturday, June 23, 2012

Sew love sewing for gifts!


I am excited to be going to a family baby shower for a friend.  This will be her fourth baby, so I wanted it to be extra special.  Since I have been trying to teach myself to sew, I figured I would try some baby items!  Thanks to the internet and Pinterest, I found the confidence and ideas I needed!
I made this small lovey quilt to fit right over the baby in a carrier.  I didn't have a pattern for this, but I did read tons of tutorials before I started.  I learned that cute bumpy fabric is not so fun to sew (stretches).

I wanted to sew something on a onesie, but I couldn't decide, so I just ironed on a few cute sayings.  


My favorite new things are these fun and complicated, but not too complicated, drawstring bags!  I have made several thanks to the great tutorial at In Color Order.  I used this bag as a grab and go for this busy family.  I put an extra onesie, wipes, a few diapers, ziplocks, and hand sanitizer in it for a quick alternative to a diaper bag.  I also found a great tutorial at The Blissfully Content Life for  a cute diaper changing roll that I created with matching fabric.


And of course, I had to create an owl for the new little guy!  I tried two new things:  I made a bow tie from ribbon and I upcycled a jean's pant leg for the back of this one.

My neighbor has a newborn and I can't wait to get started on his gift now!  Sew much Fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...