Monday, July 1, 2013

Sleep Sack recycle!

Update-  

Brooks wearing the homemade Sleep Sack:



The skinny...

very soft, well worn, cool shirt
A friend asked me to sew a sleep sack for her little bit, and there are a ton of easy tutorials out there, but really it all comes down to the right material.  I have an old set of king sized sheets that I usually use for fabric when I am constructing something for the first time.  My boys were cleaning out their drawers and threw this shirt into the give away pile.  I have several generous friends who hand down some pretty nice clothes, so this shirt had been worn MANY MANY times.  You can guess what that means... SUPER SOFT!  So I decided to use it for my first sleep sack! 





soft baby sleep sack




All I really did was cut off arm holes and hem, add a zipper, and sew the bottom shut.  I will update with a picture of Brooks in it soon because I don't think it will be long enough for him for too much longer...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...